Job Opening: Community Engagement Manager-Southwest Region
Who We Are: Our mission is to prevent blindness and preserve sight. Prevent Blindness Texas is focused on advocating for improved health equity, empowering children, adults, and seniors to experience life at the highest level, and improving overall health, including physical and mental health, by preventing vision loss and addressing eye health issues across the entire health spectrum.
Who we are looking for: Individuals with a passion to be involved in the community to create change and improve the lives of the clients we serve.
Title: Community Engagement Manager-Southwest Region
Reports to: VP of Programs and Community Outreach
Direct report (s) include: Interns/Volunteers
Status: Full-time; Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Community Engagement Manager is a key person on the PBT Program team. This person is responsible for implementing and managing the daily execution of the mission delivery programs and services for Prevent Blindness Texas (PBT) in assigned key market areas. He/she is responsible for coordinating services, assessing program needs and ensuring that PBT programs in the community are delivered. He/she will engage and build the volunteer program to deliver services and manage key community partnerships. Data collection, assessment and management related to programs are important components of the position as well. This important team member will also lead the delivery of education to both the public and healthcare providers in the communities we serve. He/she works within the guidelines, policies, and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible in reporting to the senior leadership of PBT.
Mission Program Delivery:
- Engage community partners and the public in the mission of PBT.
- Coordinate and deliver PBT programs and services in the assigned key markets/region.
- Collect and report on the monthly, quarterly, and annual program statistics.
- Analyze data collected and trends to understand if interventions are working and make recommendations to Leadership.
- Partner with the VP of Programs and Community Outreach to ensure program goals and deliverables are being met.
- Maintain all client files and documentation in an appropriate and accountable manner according to established standards.
- Deliver training and education programs in assigned markets across the state.
- Represent PBT in the community and build networks to help clients access care.
Resource Development/Volunteer Management:
- Engage and develop volunteer base to ensure successful and consistent recruitment and retainment of volunteers.
- Implement and manage all activities related to the Mission Delivery volunteer program.
- Manages Internship program in assigned region throughout the year for mission delivery program.
- Promote and connect the public to the mission of Prevent Blindness Texas across the state.
- Manage community engagement events to expand service delivery and program exposure.
- Works in partnership in development and dissemination of educational and organizational learnings with a broad range of audiences.
- Build presence in assigned markets.
- To participate on key volunteer committees as appropriate.
- To participate actively as an agency representative in collaborative partner networks and in related community activities.
- Perform other duties as required by Senior Leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related fields.
- At least 3 years of public health, community engagement, community health, health promotion or program management experience.
- Organized, efficient in managing time and coordinating events/people.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Understands how to work with different communities.
- Ability to assess data and make decisions from that information (analytical)
- Must be able to work some weekends and evenings.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to travel is required.
- Bilingual preferred, but not required.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.
The salary range is $38,000 to $48,000.